How to pray istikhara step by step for Allah’s guidance
Salat-al-Istikhara is a powerful way that Allah has given us to connect him and ask any question & his advice on our all matters. We should not hesitate to do this before making any big or small decision in our lives because we are asking him. So let’s read this guide of how to pray istikhara step by step
As a parent, you should teach your children not to worry about an issue of life and always ask help from Allah because he does not create a lock without it’s key and does not give you problems without solution. A true Muslim never becomes hopeless if he/she has strong faith in him cos ALLAH Al-mighty is sufficient for us.
Meaning of salat-ul-istikharah
It means when someone wants to do an important thing in his life he seeks guides from Allah by doing this before the task. The one who does this he is actually asking Allah Almighty, the Knower of Unseen to guide him or her to know that the task is better for him or not.
How to pray istikhara step by step
If you are unsure about a decision you have to make, then you can do this to ask for Allah’s help in making your decision. like Should I make him my life partner ? should I move to another country for business/job or something else? He knows what is best for you so just turn to Allah (s.w.t) and seek His guidance.
- Do this prayer with sincerity, knowing that only He can give us the advice we seek.
- Resolve to follow the guidance He gives us, even if it is against with our own desires because he knows best for us.
- Do not be impatient after your dua and don’t expect some sort of miracle and having a dream full of signs and symbols these things are not necessary
Description of Salat-l-Istikharah in Hadith:
Narrated Jabir bin ‘Abdullah: The Prophet Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam used to teach us the way of doing salat-ul-istikhara in all matters as he taught us the Surats of the Quran. He said, “If anyone of you wants to do any job he should offer a two Rakat prayer other than the compulsory ones and say (after the prayer) :
Sahih Al-Bukhari – Volume 2, Book 21 and Hadith 26
- A person who is going to perform he/she must be in ghusal and wadu
- Before going to sleep pray Two Cycles (raka’) of Prayer (nafil) for salat-ul-istikhara
- In the first raka’ after Surah Fatiha (Allhamdu Lilah..) recite Surah al-Kafirun (Chapter 109)
- In the second raka’ after Surah Fatiha recite Surah al-Ikhlas (Chapter 112)
- After finishing your prayer read this Dua that is in Arabic Text above
- It is better to sleep with ablution (wazu, ghusal)
- You should sleep facing the direction of the Qiblah because it’s Sunnah
- It’s better to recite Durood on the Prophet (s.a.w صلى الله عليه وسلم) before and after the above Dua
- Insha Allah, you will see a dream having a message about your choice
- If it does not happen then do it again
Note: There are 2 times a word “Haza AL Amra” one in sec line and then in second last line so when you say this you should think about the decision you want to take
How many times
Sometimes it takes only 1 turn to get your answer & some times it takes longer. If you are not getting it done then it’s better to do it 7 times but if you got it you don’t need to do it seven times
Colors in your dream
If you see whiteness in your dream like white cloth, color, light, sky or greenness for example grass, light, plant anything having the colour green or white it means it’s good to do what ever you want.
But if you see any thing red or black like blood, items of clothing, water or black sky etc then you should understand that it is not a good choice so you must stay away from it.
in case, you don’t remember anything about your dream then listen to your heart what it says and follow him after seven days of doing salat-ul-istikharah
The answer to one’s prayer does not come simply in the form of dreams and feelings but in how Allah facilitates and unfolds events for an individual after he or she genuinely strive to do what is best. One more important thing is that a person who is going to do istikharah he/she should be a good person who also prays 5 times a day.
If i mistakenly make any mistake in this article (how to pray istikhara step by step) please comment below to correct me